Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bad Karma, Bad Ending.....

The last couple of days this week, a lot of Titans fans were arrogant and mean spirited. I'm referring to their reaction to Steve McNair attending a local bar's special event benefiting the Ronald McDonald's House of Baltimore that also featured a Raven's pep rally.

For two days, I heard this "story" (if you call that kind of crap news) on both the day and night segments of the local news, as well as the radio. Fans were calling McNair a traitor, railing on him for attending something that supported the opposing team (God forbid!), when he was a Titan for ten years. McNair was silent at first but later spoke out and stood up for his right (rightly so) to attend the event, which was for the benefit of children. He firmly stood his ground and I'm glad he did.

I don't have a problem with sports, I love going to the Nashville Predator's games myself. My problem is that many of these fans are complete fantatics and can't seem to focus on anything else in life but football. They can't see past the fact that a man may now be playing for a new team and have allegiances there. And they can't see past their overbearing devotion to a team to realize that a charity was involved.

My advice to those folks....get a life. IT'S A GAME! Do you get that? A GAME.

And now karma has checked in, if you believe in karma. You might even belief, if you are inclined to do so, that it was divine intervention and your higher power was teaching a stinging albeit necessary lesson....I personally think God has much more important things to do than watch grown men toss a ball. Whatever the case, fanatical Titans fans (I'm not including you normal folk who enjoy the games as PURE recreation) learn your lesson. Bad attitude, bad ending. Karma can, truly, be a bitch.

No comments: